What is Best Home Insurance Agency ?
Best home insurance agency Owning a home is an accomplishment and an asset, one that deserves safeguarding. The best homeowners insurance providers offer financial strength, coverage options, and great customer service. It also comes at a great price for your unique circumstances. Use our quote tool to compare rates from several providers and find which offers you the best coverage for the best price.
Best home insurance: It’s not just about the premium you pay!
When it comes to sorting out the best from the worst homeowners insurance companies, price isn’t the be all, end all.
You’ve also got to consider a company’s reputation with both customer complaints and customer satisfaction after you make a claim on your property.
If you’re looking for the top home insurance companies, here’s who to check out and who to avoid…
The 8 Best Homeowners Insurance Providers
- Allstate — Best for New Homeowners
- Amica — Best Customer Service
- State Farm — Most Personalized Online Quote
- Nationwide — Most Endorsements
- MetLife — Best Replacement Coverage
- Travelers — Best for Green Homes
- Safeco — Unique Bundled Deductible
- Progressive — Best for Boat Owners
Reduce Your Risks
Losses beget out-of-pocket expenses and, 29 percent of the time, higher premiums. So nip them in the bud by reducing your risks.
• Start by doing what insurers explicitly give discounts for. Smoke detectors, burglar alarms, and deadbolt locks can be worth a 5 percent premium discount. A sophisticated sprinkler system with alarms that alert first responders could get you 15 to 20 percent off.
• Impact- and fire-resistant roofing materials made of asphalt, rubber, cement, and metal can get you further discounts because they stand up better against hail, debris, and embers—the primary cause of damage from wildfires. Noncombustible siding provides increased protection.
• In hurricane-prone areas, storm shutters for doors and windows, hurricane-resistant siding, and a code-standard roof that can withstand winds up to 130 mph will help your home withstand a storm. Fortified homes can sustain a Category 4 hurricane.
• Fire, lightning, and debris removal lead to the highest claims of all insured perils. Cooking equipment is a leading cause of home fires, so never leave a stove unattended, and keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen. Be especially vigilant on holidays; according to the National Fire Protection Association, more home cooking fires happen on Thanksgiving and the day preceding it than on any other days. Christmas Day and Christmas Eve are also peak times for home-cooking fires.
• In earthquake-prone areas, make sure your home’s building frame is properly bolted to its foundation. Get more information on reducing risks from earthquakes, freezing weather, lightning, wildfires, and more from the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety.