How to Track your lost Android Smartphone?
Are you lose your Android smartphone without installing a tracking app? If you’re like most people, you realize that there are anti-theft or phone tracking app available for your Android smartphone after it’s stolen or lost. It would be easier to track your phone if you have such app installed, but you still have a chance to track your phone and recover it. There are a couple of ways to track your phone if you use your Google Account linked to your phone.
Track your smartphone with Google’s Android Device Manager
Android Device Manager is the Google’s free tool to locate, ring and wipe your device remotely. You do not have to install any app to track your device, but there are a few requirements:
- You have login access to your Google Account linked to your Android Device.
- Your smartphone (or tablet) is turned On and has access to the Internet.
- You haven’t changed your Google Setting to disallow Android Device Manager to locate your device. The default is Allowed (or On).
- You’ve changed your Google Setting to lock your device and erase its data. The default is not allowed to lock or erase (or Off)
- A theft hasn’t reset your smartphone to factory default.
To access your Android Device Manager, login to your Google Account linked to your phone and go to Android Device Manager. Once you login, you’ll see a screen similar to below:
Besides locating your phone, the ADM lets your phone ring or wipe your phone (if you’ve enabled this manually prior to losing your phone). That’s pretty much all you can do with Android Device Manager.
If you do not have access to a computer, you may either use mobile browser from your friend’s phone or use the Android Device Manager app on a smartphone. You may sign in using Guest Mode with your Google Account credentials.
Questions & Answers
Q1. I cannot locate my phone with Android Device Manager. What is that?
- Your phone may be turned off, or your battery may have been drained.
- Your phone may not have access to the Internet.
- A thief may have removed your Google Account from your phone.
- Your phone may have been factory reset.
Q2. Can I locate my phone if SIM card is removed?
Yes – ADM is using your Google Account to locate your phone, so removing the SIM from your phone will still allow you to locate it.
Q3. Can I still track my phone if I changed my Google Account password?
Yes – As long as you have access to your Google Account and the requirements are met (see requirements above), you’ll be able to track your phone.
how to locate a lost cell phone that is turned off
how to find a lost smartphone that is off
find my phone android
track my smartphone
find mobile number using ip address
find my phone android,
find my phone samsung,
find my phone location by number,
track my phone for free online,
find my phone by number,
find my phone google maps,